Thursday, May 14, 2009

Flocked!

A few days ago I woke up to discover that a flock of flamingos had landed in my yard! And not just any flamingos, but dressed up ones! Wearing leis and Mardi Gras beads!

Photobucket

Don't you think they go well with my azaleas? I thought they looked pretty cool, but couldn't really think who would put them there or why. And then I read the note. It seems that a woman named Millie McAllister is going to participate in the three day Walking for a Cure in San Francisco in the fall, and is trying to raise money. So she sent this flock of flamingos flying away, they land in your yard and stay two days, and then you get to decide where they fly off to next. What a great fund raising idea! I might not have donated if she had just asked for money, but the flamingos were so much fun, and then I got to send them to someone else, so I just had to send a donation.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Peggi said...

that idea is SO much better than the one someone in my area came up with! "Walkers for Knockers". Every time I hear a commercial for that fundraiser it makes steam come out of my ears! I'm trying to raise 2 boys to be respectful of women and their bodies. You can bet I did not pledge any money.