Monday, November 2, 2009

Race for the Cure

Saturday was the Susan G.Komen Race for the Cure. It's been monsoon season in Memphis, but Saturday morning the rain went away and the sun came out just in time for it to be a beautiful fall day. Over 16,000 people participated! This year when they took the survivors photo, my neighbor and I stood next to some crazy ladies with big pink hair and mardi gras masks - we figured that way we could find ourselves in the photo. It worked! See the lady with the green jacket on the right side of the photo? If you go in about 6 people, I am there, with a pink bandana around my neck.
Photobucket

I'm about in the middle in the photo below, a pink haired lady is on my left, and my neighbor Lynn with a boa is on my right. Julie, who I met on the shuttle bus on the way there is next t Lynn.
Photobucket




Part of the St. Francis Ladies Auxiliary Team  -
Romy, Donna, me, Lori and Karen.

No comments: