Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Back Yard

I'm not the only talented one in the family. This spring Armando decided to give our back yard a facelift. First he rebuilt the stairs that go to the top of the hill behind our house. Actually he did that after I pitched a fit because the old stairs were rotting and dangerous.

Photobucket

Then he decided to stain the decks. His first attempt at color was a real bright orange. I told him it would have to be changed, so he came back with this redwood color. I like it better.


He decided to build a top for one of our old round tables (in the background) but after it was built he realized it was too heavy for the skinny legs so he built a base for it. And put ceramic tile on top.

Photobucket

Then put tile on our existing table so they match.

Photobucket

That big table will stay permanently where it is - it already was heavy, now with cement board and tile it would take at least three people to move it! I'm not sure how well it will winter. I guess we'll find out.

Photobucket

Then the pool was leaking and I couldn't clean it.

Photobucket

Finally the pool is fixed and clean and sparkling so I took these photos today - the back yard probably won't look this good the rest of the summer!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Marilyn League said...

Your pool looks so fresh and inviting. The color of your deck against your blue house is very striking--I like it! Do you think grout sealer will help winterize your table tops?

Trish said...

I really like the view from the top of the hill...like being in a tree house! What character your yard has! The tables are very cool, even if they are heavy. The benches surrounding the table are a nice touch!

ForestJane said...

He does nice work! Did you use EQ to design the table tile? :)